Lead Sales Assistant
Lead Sales Assistantapplicants will be reliable with a hands on approach to work and will enjoy the fast pace of retail, taking direction from and supporting store management in day-to-day tasks.
This role is ideal for applicants who have deputised for retail supervisory team members seeking additional retail operations responsibilities and begin their retail management career.
As part of their ongoing development the successful applicant will complete a 12 week in-store training programme.
- Be an ambassador for your store, creating a welcoming atmosphere for customers
- Provide outstanding customer service
- Till management including banking
- Lead by example and support and motivate team members
- Contribute towards the achievement of KPIs such as sales, salaries and stock loss targets
- Ensure adherence to health and safety and security
The Ideal Candidate
- Proactive, flexible and adaptable
- Tenacious, hardworking and reliable
- Ability to lead and motivate others with some experience of leading a team
- Deal effectively with customer issues
- Able to demonstrate good commercial awareness
- Possess a creative approach to merchandising
- An inquisitive mind with a good eye for detail
- A confident communicator with excellent organisational and problem solving skills and a real 'can do' attitude
- Experience of cash handling
- Experienceof working in a retail environment is essential, preferably within a high volume, fast paced business
- 8.10 per hour
- 5.6 weeks paid holiday per year including bank and public holiday allowance rising to 6.6 weeks upon 5 yearsservice
- Contributable Company pension scheme
- Staff uniform
About the Company
TJ Morris Limited trading as Home Bargains is a privately owned family run discount retailer selling top brands at the lowest possible price on the UK high street.
Having started more than40 years ago in Liverpool our customers continue to be at the heart of everything we do and throughout our 460 stores we have over 4 million paying customers each week.
With plans to increase our store portfolio to 900 stores throughout the UK we are a fast-paced retailer opening 50 stores a year (nearly one every weekend) with a typical annualturnover of 3-5m per store - and we wouldn't have it any other way!