We are delighted to announce that we have a new store opening in your area and we are looking for a reliable Store Supervisor with a professional and focused approach to store operations, leadership and development, taking direction from and supporting the Store and Store Assistant Managers in day-to-day operations.
As part of their ongoing development Store Supervisors will attend one of our excellent training facilities in Liverpool or Wiltshire on the management programme for up to 3 weeks.
- Be an ambassador for your store, creating a welcoming atmosphere for customers
- Provide outstanding customer service
- Lead by example and support and motivate team members
- Strive towards the achievement of KPIs such as sales, salaries and stock loss targets
- Monitor performance and absence
- Ensure adherence to health and safety and security
The Ideal Candidate
- Proactive, flexible and adaptable
- Tenacious, hardworking and reliable
- Ability to lead, manage and develop others
- Experience of supervising a team of more than 5
- Deal effectively with customer and staff issues
- Able to demonstrate good commercial awareness
- Possess a creative approach to merchandising
- An inquisitive mind with a good eye for detail
- A confident communicator with excellent organisational and problem solving skills and a real 'can do' attitude
- Experience of working in a retail environment is essential, preferably within a high volume, fast paced business
- Competitive salary with the opportunity to earn a performance related bonus
- 5.6 weeks paid holiday per year including bank and public holiday allowance rising to 6.6 weeks upon 5 years service
- Contributable Company pension scheme
- Staff uniform
About the Company
TJ Morris Limited trading as Home Bargains is a privately owned family run discount retailer selling top brands at the lowest possible price on the UK high street.
Having started more than 40 years ago in Liverpool our customers continue to be at the heart of everything we do and throughout our 460 stores we have over 4 million paying customers each week.
With plans to increase our store portfolio to 900 stores throughout the UK we are a fast-paced retailer opening 50 stores a year (nearly one every weekend) with a typical annual turnover of £3-5m per store - and we wouldn't have it any other way!