Warehouse Shift Team Leader (Days)
We have an excellent opportunity for a Warehouse Team Leader to join our warehouse management team. The successful candidate will be confident, keen, reliable with a hands-on approach to work and will enjoy the fast pace of the Distribution Centre.
You will be expected to contribute towards the achievement of KPIs; motivating and developing your team to achieve optimum site efficiency as well as ensuring that your team are aware of and adhere to company policies and procedures whilst adopting a proactive approach to Health and Safety.
You will be an excellent communicator who has experience of people management as well as great attention to detail.
The successful candidate will have experience of working in a similar environment. You will understand the processes and procedures involved in a fast moving, time critical operation and the people issues that need to be addressed.
- Be a Company ambassador, creating a welcoming atmosphere for employees
- Lead by example and support and motivate team members
- Support the achievement and monitoring of KPIs
- Support warehouse management in recruiting, training and ongoing assessment of staff
- Ensure adherence to health and safety and security
- Work in conjunction with other key operational teams to ensure a smooth operation
The Ideal Candidate
- Proactive, flexible and adaptable
- Open-minded and willing to take on new challenges
- Tenacious, hardworking and reliable
- Able to deal effectively with staff issues
- Able to demonstrate excellent commercial awareness
- Able to work well under pressure and to tight and often conflicting timeframes
- An inquisitive mind with a good eye for detail
- Experience of working in a high volume, fast paced business is essential
- Competitive salary
- 5.6 weeks paid holiday per year including bank and public holiday allowance rising to 6.6 weeks upon 5 years' service
- Contributable Company pension scheme
About the Company
TJ Morris Limited trading as Home Bargains is a privately owned family run discount retailer selling top brands at the lowest possible price on the UK high street.
Having started more than 40 years ago in Liverpool our customers continue to be at the heart of everything we do and throughout our 460 stores we have over 4 million paying customers each week.
With plans to increase our store portfolio to 900 stores throughout the UK we are a fast-paced retailer opening 50 stores a year (nearly one every weekend) with a typical annual turnover of £3-5m per store - and we wouldn't have it any other way!